Wednesday

PHOTOGRAPHY - can Colombo get any better!?

When I joined my college, the first thing we were asked to do was a portfolio, but due to some issues it was cancelled. But I already started my work. The initial work of that was to select a topic and take photographs related to that topic.I thought of doing about "POVERTY" in Colombo.

 I didn't have a DSLR, but I  had  digital camera so I took that and went around Colombo and took some random photographs of beggars. It was a very different experience. When I asked for permission from them to take photographs, most of them demanded for money. But some were really kind. They even shared their tragedies and how they ended up begging in the streets of Colombo. One thing that I noticed in most of them were, an arrogant attitude towards the other people. Most of all it was so pathetic to see the kids being brought up in that environment. I hope that at least they end up in a better place. 















No comments:

Post a Comment