Thursday

GOGGLES - inspired by the design





Once I entered the British High Commission building in Sri Lanka the first thing I saw was the main pond which leads to the back door and a huge British High Commission  logo.



 Almost all the office sections in the ground floor had a courtyard. the courtyards reminded me the design works of the architect, Geoffrey BawaIt was sealed by glass so that people inside the building could enjoy the view. It would make them calm and relaxed to work.


 I liked the way the interior space has been used. It looks very spacious. All the sections has been designed according to the purposes they serve. 

Considering the conflict status in Sri Lanka the building has been designed in the most possible secured way I guess. It had various types of security doors in all sections. Also the British High Commission building in Sri Lanka also had few areas for leisure time activities which I didn't expect. Overall I liked the way the place has been designed. It was one enjoyable visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment