Sunday

SRI LANKAN DESIGN INFLUENCE - inspired by Mr.V.Gunasekara's design work

There were a lot of interesting and unique design works of Mr. Valentine Gunasekara, but in that short period I had to select only one or two.

I was pretty impressed by the design of a Montessori which is situated in Borrela. The book had a photograph of a concrete spiral staircase of that building. I quickly did a pencil sketch of that photograph It looked quite wide. Most of his design had spiral staircases and circular openings. I was wondering why he has used a spiral staircase for a Montessori. The building seem to have an elegant look but, I had this question whether is it practically convenient for a Montessori to function. Sometimes if I go there and see it might be quite convincing I guess. 




No comments:

Post a Comment