Thursday

GOGGLES - analysing the design

After the tour to the British High Commission building in Sri Lanka we were asked to discuss about the  experience in groups and then each of us were supposed to pick a sub topic and do a presentation board to do a small presentation about that and that is where I got the chance to analyse the "interior elements" in the British High Commission building in Sri Lanka.


During the site visit we were not allowed to take any photographs of that place and unfortunately there no pictures of the interior available on net due to security reasons. So I did a few quick sketches of some furnitures in there. The main conference hall was designed only in white and silver. It gave a very calm effect once I entered the hall. I felt like I was in a yoga centre.The designer must have been very thoughtful when designing the main conference hall because that is where they make a lot of important decisions.hence it has to be very simple, calming and not very distracting.


There was a gym area close to the pool and the spa. It was so thrilling to see an out door gym like that. All the gym equipments were painted in a playful manner but once you start working on those you will feel the calories getting burnt. Actually that gym reminded my the play area close to my house. What I liked the most was the way the designer has maintained the privacy of every sections without spoiling the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment